Select A Skin
Is this skin too large? Select our Small skin below!
Welcome to Emeria! If you're joining for the very first time, please create an account using your OOC name. You will be able to link all of your characters to this OOC account, and other members will have one handy account to which they can send PMs, tags, and so on. Thank you for your cooperation!
OOC Chat & Tags
Chat Rules ♦ Full Screen Chat
Site Summary, Short & Sweet
Those who do not believe in magic will never find it.
Since: 4-May 16
Emeria at a Glance
Feeling a little intimidated by the site's histories and other information? Here's an easy-to-digest summary of the site!
- Argents are known all over the world as religious, beneficent Paladin-types. They are almost exclusively Psionic.
- Argents are associated with the element of Silver.
- Argents are trained at St. Antistia's Monastery and nowhere else.
- Argents are recruited from Geheim and Aerlion villages at puberty and live in the Monastery until they are fully trained. Training takes anywhere from 4 - 12 years, depending upon each person's education level upon arrival.
- Almost all Argents receive an equine Familiar during training.
- An Argent's psionic abilities are called "Gifts".
- Magic and Mages are deemed Anathema. They must practice their craft in secret, even if they use only white magic to Heal and help the citizens among which they live.
- Mages are trained by mentors - older mages who have managed to evade capture and execution
- Mages tend to choose smaller Familiars like birds, snakes, and cats since those are easier to hide. It is possible for a Mage to have a larger Familiar, however.
- Familiars are animal companions to the humans of Emeria.
- Familiars' lifespans match that of their human counterpart, regardless of the natural lifespan for their species.
- Familiars are generally much more intelligent than their natural species, some can even form limited telepathic speech.
- A house pet is not a Familiar.
- Familiars are psychically bonded to their human partners.
- The death of the human means the death of the Familiar.
- The death of the Familiar does NOT mean the death of the Human.
- Geheim is known for its mines, which produce gems and metals.
- Queen Emelia is a hard-hearted woman who aspires to rule the entire continent as Empress
- Castle Echtheit is carved right into the side of a mountain, with a river running under it.
- Queen Emelia is building an army in order to take over Aerlion and the rest of the continent.
- Aerlion is known for its horse breeders, and exports mainly agricultural goods like lumber and food.
- King Declan is a carefree sort who does not seem to be concerned with the building tension between his kingdom and Geheim.
- Silversteed Keep is designed to allow the country's prized horses to live within it.
- King Declan seems more interested in his race horses than he is in building a defense against Emelia's army.
- Orphaned children who are raised by the church are given the surname of Pryor.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
Emeria is rated 3/2/2 by the RPGRating.com system. This rating means that, in addition to less intense scenes, we also permit the use of foul language, and some kinds of graphic violence and sexual scenes. But don't worry, that doesn't mean that that's all you'll find here! Threads which surpass a PG rating will be marked as such, which will prevent any accidents. However, we do request that all of our members are at least 16 years of age before joining.
Click to Enlarge
Wondering what the Kingdoms look like, how to get to Landsmeet, or where the Monastery is hidden away? View our map and find out!